We’re not just another taxi company with an generic app. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has not only built a smart app and service but also created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our drivers to our engineers.
Since inception, we have experienced a growth rate of no less than 20% per month in worldwide rides. That is a pretty impressive growth rate in an industry as saturated as ours. So how have we maintained this success? Well, since day one we have worked hard to build a world class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to to challenge the status quo. We want to help people reduce their carbon footprint and encourage eco efficient services.
About the position
We're looking for great people who want to make a difference in the world, so whether you're a veteran in your field or you think you’re a super talented junior looking to get your foot in the door, we're interested in chatting to you. Of course, if you have an interest in working with Elixir that is a plus as it is something you will learn and work with on the job.
- Proven experience developing production applications in Ruby (3 years for Senior candidates)
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code
- Proactivity and attention to scalability, performance, availability and usability of our systems
- Senior candidates should be comfortable with complex git/github workflows (submodules, branches, forks, pull requests, merging, rebasing)
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfilment delivering innovative solutions.
- Bonus: Experience monitoring and troubleshooting system performance
If you are considering applying for a senior role we would like you to be at least be comfortable with complex git/github workflows (submodules, branches, forks, pull requests, merging, rebasing)
Perks that come with the job:
- Opportunity to work with a great tech stack. We’re using Ruby, Go, Elixir, Backbone, React, iOS/Rubymotion, Android/Java, NoSQL/Couchdb/Rethinkdb/Scylla etc…
- Opportunity to experiment with new technologies if you think it is the best
- Various types of discounts on Cabify rides
- 24 days paid vacation plus all the public holidays and 2 extra days off over the christmas period
- Retribución flexible: Subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and children’s day care
- Regular team activities for you to unwind and relax with your team
- Flexible working hours
- WFH from time to time
- Continuous learning programmes
- All the equipment you will need to work comfortably