Elixir Engineer (Madrid)
We’re not just another taxi company with an generic app. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has not only built a smart app and service but also created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
Since inception, we have experienced a growth rate of no less than 20% per month in worldwide rides. That is a pretty impressive growth rate in an industry as saturated as ours. So how have we maintained this success? Well, since day one we have worked hard to build a world class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
About the role
We're looking for great people who want to make a difference in the world, so whether you're a veteran in your field or you think you’re a super talented junior looking to get your foot in the door, we're interested in chatting to you.
- Proven experience developing production applications
- A good understanding of the Elixir syntax and its lovely nuances
- A solid understanding of functional, as well as, object-oriented programming
- A passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code...duh!
- Proactivity and attention to scalability, performance, availability and usability of our systems
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, agile startup environment, while finding fulfilment delivering innovative solutions
If you are considering applying for a senior role we would like you to be at least be comfortable with complex git/github workflows (submodules, branches, forks, pull requests, merging, rebasing)
Perks that come with the job:
- Opportunity to work with a great tech stack. We’re using Ruby, Go, Elixir, Backbone, React, iOS/Rubymotion, Android/Java, NoSQL/Couchdb/Rethinkdb/Scylla etc…
- Opportunity to experiment with new technologies if you think it is the best tool for the job
- Various types of discounts on Cabify rides
- 24 days paid vacation plus all the public holidays and 2 extra days off over the christmas period
- Retribución flexible: Subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and children’s day care
- Regular team activities for you to unwind and relax with your team
- Flexible working hours
- WFH from time to time
- Continuous learning programmes
- All the equipment you will need to work comfortably