Senior GO Engineer
While cultivating sustainable 'smart cities' is gaining momentum, and it seems that everyone (and their brother) wants to be part of making this happen even if it is just by introducing 10 GPS bikes in their town, Cabify is one of the very few places where you can not only test and learn, but also implement great ideas that will inevitably impact how our cities will look in 20 years time.
As you can imagine this is an extremely exciting time for Cabify and the Data Science team, and people who us join now are guaranteed to have a huge impact in the business and the future of smart cities.
If you have a passion for mobility and solving distributed programming problems,then this is the ideal job for you. As a Go Engineer at Cabify you will be working with awesome people, solving complex problems and working with other cool tools along the way. You may also be required from time to time to work on various services and routing layers of our platform which is built in Go and Elixir.
We’re looking for great Engineers who understand the intricacies of how different technologies work together and who are able to purpose solid solutions for day to day problems and understand the tradeoffs their solutions may imply.
- Strong educational background, e.g Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Unix/Linux systems knowledge
- Previous experience working with real-time systems and solving distributed programming problems
- Experience dealing with multi-threaded applications
- Happy to work on diagnosing and fixing bugs in our platform using distributed tracing techniques
- Deep understanding of network protocols
- Ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment
- Passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code
- Basic knowledge of Ruby
- Willingness to support the wider team with documentation and system support
- Ability to take responsibility of the complete lifecycle of your features and code
- Comfortable with complex git/github workflows (submodules, branches, forks, pull requests, merging, rebasing)
Perks that come with the job:
- Opportunity to work with a great tech stack.
- Opportunity to experiment with new technologies if you think it is the best
- Free Cabify rides
- Retribución flexible: Subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and children’s day care
- Regular team activities for you to unwind and relax with your team
- Flexible working hours
- Continuous learning programmes
- All the equipment you will need to work comfortably
- And much much more!