Go Software Engineer
Founded in 2011 by Juan de Antonio (CEO) and Sam Lown (CTO), Cabify is one of Spain’s first Unicorn companies! We’re not just another taxi company with a generic app. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has not only built a smart app and service but also created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
Since inception, we have experienced exponential growth rate and last year alone saw us grow by 500%. We like to think that is a pretty impressive growth rate in an industry as saturated as ours. So how have we maintained this success? Well, since day one we have worked hard to build a world- class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo. We believe that users needs come first and we strive to create the best possible service out there.
Our HQ is in Madrid and we currently operate in 38 cities across 11 countries in Latin America and Europe. We are proud to do things right and we make sure that we work closely with governments to ensure that we always operate legally and comply fully with government regulations. It is important for us that everyone who is part of Cabify, from our engineers to our drivers are treated with the utmost respect.
Our goal is to improve the urban mobility industry and we aim for excellence. We are always looking to continue to grow our teams by hiring more smart and ambitious people, who will enjoy the ride with us!
About the position
Here are some of the things you could be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Working on building and maintaining distributed applications
- Improve reliability, scalability and performance of our critical soft real-time services
- Develop new features and tweak existing ones in a data-driven fashion in collaboration with our Data Science team
- Produce simple, maintainable code while always looking to improving on it
- Own your code all the way to production with a continuous delivery pipeline by working closely with our Systems team following a DevOps philosophy
We are looking for someone with previous experience working with Go (desirable), however if not we are still happy to consider your application. We believe that even is you have worked in Java or C# all your life you can still pick up Go pretty quickly. For us it is more important to have someone who is adaptable and can pick up languages quickly. Some other things that we are looking for in our next team member is....
- Great Maths skills and a sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Experience operating your services in a production environment.
- Experience in secure handling of common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work both independently and with a small team.
- Ability to understand and get involved in product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- A willingness to work with Ruby code occasionally is a plus!