Senior Software Engineer
Our HQ is in Madrid and we currently operate in 38 cities across 12 countries in Latin America and Europe. Unlike some of our other competitors, we make sure that we work closely with governments to ensure that we always operate legally and comply fully with government regulations. It is important for us that everyone who is part of Cabify, from our engineers to our drivers are treated with the utmost respect.
We pride ourselves on being a user first business and our product team is the heart and soul of our business. Right now 80% of our engineers are based in Madrid, and the rest work either remotely or from our Barcelona office. Our engineers tend to have a background in either Ruby, Elixir, Go or Python but we don’t mind if you haven’t got previous experience in any of these languages, as long as you are able to adapt quickly to work in one of these languages.
The team that you are assigned to will depend on your areas of interest and the language you prefer to work in, for example, our Real Time team works in Go whereas our Rider and Driver teams work in either Elixir or Ruby. As an engineer at Cabify you will not only have the opportunity to test out your ideas but also learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry. In general you will be expected to work closely with our product managers or research team to understand our problems areas and where we can improve and then deliver world class solutions to address them.
If you identify as an innovator, or think you have a natural talent for creating awesome systems, products, features and/or frameworks then we would love to have you on our team.
If you would like to find out more about us before you apply you can always reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have.
Why work with us
Of course, we like to think that Cabify sits high on the list of great companies to work for but if our word isn’t enough here are 5 reasons that we think make us a great company to be part of.
- Everything that you work on here and implement will play an important part in impacting how our cities will look in the coming years, making it a super rewarding place to work.
- Our flexible working hours and ability to work from home means that you don’t have to worry about things like who will pick your kid(s) up from school.
- We are pet friendly, and have a special area for anyone that doesn’t want to leave their pet at home all day.
- We promote career development and will support you wherever we can.
- We reward top performers regularly rather than waiting for an annual review.
If you would like a full list of all of our benefits or to find out if we can match or exceed your current package you can always reach out to us via email@example.com.
What we would like to see in an applicant
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer and at least 2+ years working remotely if you want to work remotely for us.
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages and paradigms.
- A clear communicator with the ability to work with remote teams.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a pragmatic approach.
- Ability to adapt to different levels of technical understanding.
- Ability to communicate well in English and a willingness to learn Spanish is a bonus.
Our recruitment processStep 1: Before you commit to our interview process we like everyone to have a call with our recruiter in order to better understand our business and how we work.
Step 2: If you like the way we work and believe in our mission then we ask that you create a solution to our code challenge. It can be done in your own time with no time limit.
Step 3: Once you have sent us a solution, our engineers will review it and if they give is a 👍
we will invite you to our office for a technical Interview where your solution will be discussed further. This can be done either on-site or remotely.
Step 4: Usually we know after the technical interview if it is a good fit for both parties, however sometimes we like to double check with an additional interview onsite, especially if you will be working remotely or will need to relocate for the job.
Step 5: Offer