Senior Systems Engineer (Onsite/Remote)
About the position
The Systems team is responsible of managing and operating the infrastructure in Cabify. We are a small team of 4, committed to putting quality first, and we appreciate attention to detail. We constantly strive to provide the best support to both our platform and the rest of our squads. Everyone in the team is responsible for taking full ownership of their projects...especially when it comes to being on-call.
Here are some of the things you could be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Improving our infrastructure, implementing metrics, alerting, monitoring, automation and redundancy.
- Continuously supporting the rest of the squads in our Product team.
- Automating, building and deploying new services to our platform.
- Performing on-call duties.
- Ensuring that issues are reported, triaged, and resolved quickly and correctly.
- Assisting with incident management to ensure effective communication between squads and other teams during incidents.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a Systems Engineering position.
- Experience managing Linux servers (We use Ubuntu).
- Understanding of network troubleshooting.
- Experience with configuration management frameworks (we use Ansible).
- Scripting ability (We use Python and Shell).
- Monitoring experience and ability to extract value from metrics while drawing meaningful insights from the data.
- Ability to work both independently and with a small team.
- Ability to understand and get involved in product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Nice to have requirements
- Experience managing and orchestrating a microservices platform at scale.
- Experience managing distributed NoSQL clusters (we use CouchDB).
- Experience managing containers (we use Docker).
- Cloud management experience (we use Google Cloud).
- Infrastructure as Code (we use Terraform).
- Experience with load balancers and proxies (we use NGINX and HAproxy).
- Knowledge of protocols like DNS, HTTP and HTTP2.
- We also use Consul, Nomad, Redis, ZFS, Elasticsearch, Memcached and NSQ so if you have previous experience with these then woohoo!
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself.
- And last but not least...free coffee!